nani was NINETEEN and such a fucking badass who was so protective of lilo and just ROLLED with aliens being a thing towards the end of the movie. #1 Disney relative of all time.
I have honestly been waiting AGES for the right gifset to express the wonderful perfection that is Nani. She is not only protective of Lilo, she respects the way Lilo’s imagination and quirkiness works.
Pudge the fish got a peanut butter sandwich every Thursday. Nani does not argue the logic of feeding him, only suggests an alternative sandwich when they are out of peanut butter. Lilo was allowed to take as many photos of whatever mundane or odd subjects as she wanted and Nani would get them developed. Nani recognized what were important habits for Lilo.
When Lilo asks for a pet lobster, Nani does not tell her that lobsters are not pets. She tells her, “We don’t have a lobster door, we have a dog door.” She makes sure the woman at the pound does not tell Lilo that “Stitch is not a real name”.
NANI SPENDS THE ENTIRE MOVIE MAKING SURE THAT LILO NEVER FEELS LIKE HER IDEAS ARE WRONG.
The only time we truly see Nani get angry with Lilo is when she is scared of Lilo being taken away. Nani spends the entire movie stressed out over taking care of her sister, trying to find a job, trying to make sure her sister has a friend, and yet she is always willing to put that extra effort, over and over again, to make sure that Lilo always believes that anything is possible.
I was tagged for this by the lovely minaminokyoko. Thank you for granting me a chance to ramble endlessly!
1. Name: Maggie
2. Birthday: It’s in August, and amusingly, is the same as that of one of my long-time celebrity crushes. Since he has a reputation for being superstitious about that date, I can’t help but wonder if it would improve my chances? (Answer: “The contingency is a remote one.”)
3. Favourite number(s): 3, 9, 49
4. Height: 5’4”
5. Talents: writing, sports/running, knitting, jewelry making. I’m also pretty sure I could still make a decent latte if you threw me behind a Starbucks counter.
6. Can you juggle? For about five seconds tops.
7. Art/Sports/Both I was co-captain of my field hockey team in high school and could/can talk your ear off about the best mystery novels to read and the way stories should be told. I’m also counting down the days till hockey season. (OCTOBER IS SO CLOSE AH)
8. Do you like writing? YES
9. Do you like dancing? I would rather chew aluminum foil.
10. Do you like singing? Yes, I actually really love it. I keep toying with the idea of seeing if there are things like adult voice lessons in my area, singing is something I’ve always enjoyed.
1. Dream vacation: A world tour of literary landmarks, where I magically know all the languages I need to at conversational level.
2. Dream guy/gal: Tom Hiddleston. He’s an adorable mix of joy and nerdiness, and he has really pretty eyes.
3. Dream wedding: Uh… I haven’t actually thought about this a lot. I think it would be outside right by the Grand Canyon, and I’d somehow be tall enough to look good in of those lovely Lord of the Rings-inspired wedding dresses.
4. Dream pet: A cat named after something fannish. Ryuzaki (Death Note) or Nikita (Nikita) are my picks for boy and girl names respectively.
5. Dream job: Health/medical Journalist that is actually paid enough to be able to afford living in Harry Dresden country, with bonus world travel.
1. Favourite song: Agh… I don’t know, how do I pick? It varies so much by mood. I’ve had kind of a bad week at work, though- so the Dropkick Murphys’ "The Boys are Back" has been getting played a lot, as it makes me feel ready to kick ass.
2. Favourite Album: I don’t really listen to stuff in albums often, but I’m still really fond of Within Temptation’s Silent Force.
3. Last song you’ve heard on the radio: Something bizarre at Barnes and Noble that I could have sworn used the phrase “sex machine.” I may have started giggling uncontrollably in the Sci-Fi section.
4. Least favourite song: I’m sure there are probably worse songs out there, but on general principle, screw “Blurred Lines.”
5. Least favourite album: I honestly don’t know. Like I said, I haven’t listened to an album straight through in years.
6. Least favourite artist: Too easy, I guess, but Justin Bieber. He’s a total trainwreck and can’t sing to save his life.
2. Hair colour: My crushes kind of run the spectrum. I guess if I had to pick, I’d go for dark brown hair, though.
3. Eye colour: Brown or grey.
4. Humorous/serious?: Humorous, as I have very little of the stuff myself. In my defense, I’m on a tight budget.
5. Taller/Shorter: Tall, I guess? If he’s cute and short I could see it, though.
6. Biggest turn off: Nastiness/general rudeness. ESPECIALLY if the person is a jackass to retail workers.
7. Biggest turn on: Intelligence combined with kindness. Being into books is another hot-button one that has gotten me into trouble with not-so-great idiots who were trying to get my number. Curse you, random guy with your charming mystery talk and your completely inappropriate texts! But if we’re talking shallower/surface things- a really nice, deepish-toned voice does, um, things. (See also, Liam Neeson, Idris Elba, Sean Bean, Peter Capaldi, Laurence Fishburne… this list could go on for a while)
For this I nominate the wonderful ezrazankenstein! (if you are so inclined, obviously.) Have fun!
A philosopher once asked, “Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?” Pointless, really. Do the stars gaze back? Now, that’s a question.
there should be an avengers tv show but it should be filmed and executed like parks and rec